Sunday 23 March 2014

What's in my (Gym) Bag?


Now I'm skipping things like 'towel' 'water bottle' and getting straight to the good stuff here. But before I do I should probably mention a few things:

Firstly, I train with a boy (Mike) which means I am under constant time pressure to get showered and get outa there. There is no time for hair styling and certainly no time to apply any sort of post-workout 'face'

This leads nicely to my second point: I never train wearing make-up. Ever. I really can't think of anything more gross than getting all hot and sweaty with a full face of make up. If you're not getting all hot and sweaty you are doing it wrong. I hate to see girls flouncing around the gym fully 'done up' and doing very little. The gym is one of the few places I feel like I can look a bit of a state and not care. Everybody needs that place. Anyway, rant over, let's get to the good stuff:

Charles Worthington Salon at Home Strength and Repair Shampoo and Conditioner

Usually I will go for something that adds volume, but post gym, and definitely post swim my hair is crying out for something a bit more nourishing. I have always loved the little Takeaways by Charles Worthington and they are small enough that I don't feel I'm lugging my life around in my gym bag. I tend to towel-dry my hair, bung it up, and save the styling for when I get home. By this point The Boy is already waiting...

FCUK Body Wash and Body Butter

Excuse the lack of link. I think this was a part of a Christmas gift set and I can't see that it is sold anymore. I am immediately sad. Anyways, these are perfect for the gym. They're dinky in my bag and the scent is perfect post-workout - really clean and fresh. Body butter may not be seen as an essential by some but whilst I may be pushed for time, get chlorine near my skin and it will need a good moisturise.

Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Wipes

I'm more of a washer than a wiper when it comes to my face. I don't believe that wipes cleanse your skin half as well as a good ol' wash. The only place that wipes are an essential part of my skincare routine is to remove my make up pre-workout a I usually go straight to the gym from work. I have already summed up my feelings on wearing make up in the gym but to summarise: TAKE THAT STUFF OFF YOUR FACE BEFORE YOU START EXERCISING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Enough said. These Botanics ones do the job nicely without leaving any residue on your face, I also like the Soap and Glory ones for the same reason.

Sanctuary Spa Fresh Faced Purifying Wash

Now wipes alone are not enough and Post-workout, I like to give my face a good wash. That sweat/chlorine needs to be removed immediately! I have to say that I'm not exactly raving about this cleanser. It is just ok and all I could find in miniature. I might just decant my usual cleanser and use that instead when this is finished.

Clarins Extra Firming Day Cream 

Given my tight time frame here, I really don't get time for a whole skincare routine so post cleanse, I tend to move straight to moisturising *mentally slaps own wrist*. This deluxe sample is the perfect gym size. It's nice and light on my oily skin but still feels comforting after the battering it takes in the gym. As with many Clarins products it smells amazing, just like cucumbers. I am considering shelling out for the full size when this runs out, after I have attacked the tube with scissors of course.

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream

One step I simply cannot skip is eye cream, the suitcases under my eyes simply would not allow it. This stuff is great. I'm not sure how well it works in brightening my dark circles, but it is cooling, tightening, and leaves me looking a bit more awake!

So that's that. By this point Mike has been waiting forever and is losing the will to live. Serves him right for making me do so many squats...

SJ xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments