Wednesday 5 February 2014

Skincare: The New Additions






Now my skincare regime is very much a work in progress. I have some products in there that I love, some that I think could be better, and some that are samples and I am saving my pennies to buy the full sizes. Because of this, I'm not going to be doing a full skincare routine post for a while. I believe it's really important to fully test skincare before I go recommending willy-nilly on my blog and I don't think I've tested anywhere near enough products to be the authority on this subject! 

That aside, I have been using two new products in my routine and whilst it is early days, I thought I'd give you my thoughts...

Soap & Glory Puffy Eye Attack Turbo Boost Hydragel: This is only a minor point but I'm not a huge fan of the name: it sounds like some sort of rocket fuel and I'm not entirely sure I feel like I want to be 'attacking' my eyes. Anyway, odd name choices aside, I have been enjoying using this. It's a light gel-cream hybrid formula that feels very cooling under the eyes. It moisturises without feeling too heavy or sticky which suits me perfectly as I tend to be a little on the oily side. To be honest I haven't really noticed any de-puffing effect with this but whilst it is advertised as a de-puffing formula, I don't expect miracles. This would be one to try if you are looking for an affordable, no frills, light but moisturising eye cream.

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil: I always had reservations about any sort of balm/oil cleansers due to my oily, blemish prone skin. The last thing I wanted to do was add more oil to the situation and had always used foaming cleansers to 'strip' the excess oil from my skin. Now the beauty blogosphere is awash (get it?) with posts explaining why foaming cleansers are a no-no and oil based and cream cleansers are a yes-yes (if you haven't already, read Caroline Hirons' entire blog). Anyways, I massage this into my face and eye-area and then remove with a wash cloth and have not noticed any breakouts as a result of using this.  The product smells really comforting which is great at night.  It thoroughly removes all of my make up (even waterproof products) and leaves my skin feeling clean but comfortable with no traces of oil on my skin. 

I am loving these new products so far but I will be keeping you updated!

I would also love some skincare recommendations for us oilier sorts out there :)

SJ xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments